Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Quinoa Breakfast Bowl

My breakfasts are normally pretty predictable. I'm a morning smoothie person. However, when I was creating my menu and grocery list for this week, I was suddenly struck with this overwhelming craving for quinoa with berries, mango, walnuts, and shredded coconut. So this morning, I mixed things up, gave my blender a day off, and made this super delicious Quinoa Breakfast Bowl! 
Top photo: Before eating
Bottom photo: All mixed up and ready to eat
 
I love this breakfast because not only is it absolutely delicious, but it is also so simple, and jam packed full of nutrition! Calcium, anti-oxidants, tons of vitamins and minerals, proteins, carbohydrates for energy, and so much more! 

It would also be super-amazing on top of a bed of mixed greens, with a squeeze of lemon, and a little mint. (I will probably do this next time.) 

                                                QUINOA BREAKFAST BOWL
(everything is pretty much "to taste")
  • 1/2 c cooked quinoa (1/2 c dried quinoa + 1 c water, let boil, turn down to low, and cook covered for 15 mins. This will make more than 1/2 c, so save leftovers or share with a friend or loved one.)
  • sliced strawberries
  • handful of blueberries
  • chopped mango
  • chopped walnuts
  • unsweetened shredded coconut (sprinkled on top)
  • optional additions: mixed greens, lemon juice, mint leaves, sprinkle of cinnamon 

Be well.

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment